20 Hacks That Actually Work!
If you were told that you can do all your everyday work but with the least effort and time, you’d opt for that wouldn’t you? That’s what hacks are for. Nowadays people prefer to do things which take the least effort probably because of laziness but also maybe because they don’t have enough time for it.You might be watching 5 minute crafts and thinking, “does this actually work?” Most of them are quite gimmicky but let me tell you which one are the ones that actually work.
Hacks are simple and clever techniques for accomplishing tasks more easily and efficiently. They are all about eliminating life’s manifold frustrations in simple and short timed ways. Most hacks probably don’t work but do you know which ones actually do? Read more to find out.
- Do you ever get really hungry but you’re just too lazy to get up and make something? Instead of grabbing a bag of chips, why not make yourself a mug meal that might be a little healthier and will keep you full for a longer time.
Pizza In A Mug
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of canned mixed beans and mix it in a mug.
- Add 1 spoon of marinara sauce
- Add 1 tablespoon of cheese
- And microwave it for 1 minute
- Now you can enjoy an amazing pizza but with such little effort.
Dessert In A Mug
- 2 tablespoons of self raising flour
- Add tablespoon of castor sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Add chocolate chips if you like
- Microwave it for 40 seconds if it is still raw then another 10. Add some toppings and enjoy!
- Do you ever jump into the shower and start thinking about some mind blowing ideas? But then forget about those ideas as soon as you walk out? Don’t worry, that happens to everybody. But what if I told you that you can now start writing notes in your shower! Get yourself an Aqua Pad. An Aqua Pad is a waterproof pad which allows you to take notes while you’re in the shower. All you have to do is suction it to your wall and never lose a moment of genius.
- Have you ever chosen a pair of jeans but are too lazy to try it on or don’t have the time to wait for a trial room? Let me tell you an easy hack to make sure your jeans fit you without even having to try it on. Put your jeans around your neck, if it fits it will definitely fit your waist. Try it out!
- Does your fridge ever get so full that you forget about items left at the back and have to throw them away because they’ve reached their expiry date? Fear not when you’ve got Lazy Susan. Lazy Susan is a rotating plate which you can put in your fridge and place all your items in a way that you can rotate and reach out for them anytime you want.
- Do you ever use a product and come to the end when there’s just nothing coming out? Why waste it when you can make full use of the product and save money! Cut off the end of the product and you will be able to use a lot more that’s left until the entire product is empty. Save it in a zip lock bag if needed. Sounds cheap but trust me, it’s worth using every bit of it.
- Do you ever eat something in a bowl and lose your spoon while resting? Tie a rubber band on the top of the spoon. This will keep it in place while it is lying against the edge of the bowl.
- When you are busy cooking something while looking at a recipe, all you need is the best way to constantly have an eye on the recipe whether it is a book or a phone. If you are following a recipe on your phone and can’t touch it because of your dirty fingers, wrap your phone with cling wrap and you can touch it without having to constantly wash your hands. If you are using a book and don’t know where to keep it, get a hanger. Hang the book on the hanger and the hanger on a cupboard. You will be able to follow the recipe with more ease.
- Do you ever think about how easy it would be if your mattress was easy to wash? If you don’t, you should probably start. But for those of you who do and don’t know how to do it. Let me tell you. Take your bedsheets off and cover the entire bed with baking soda. If you want your bed to smell good, you can add some essential oils to it too. Leave that for an hour and then vacuum your mattress. Your mattress will be as good as new and smell really great.
- You’re busy using your markers and realise that most of them have dried out. What do you do? Let me help you out. You can restore it by dipping it in a bowl of alcohol and letting the tip bathe in it for a while. Put the cap back on for a bit and then it will be as good as new.
- Ever tried looking for a course without having a thousand paid versions, adverts and malware? It just makes your life more difficult and you probably can’t try out most of them because they all require payment. Here’s an easy hack for you. If you ever need a program you want for free, don’t search for “free” instead search for “open source” so that you can easily find one without having such obstructions.
- Do you ever get a song stuck in your head but can’t think of the name? How frustrating does that get? This happens to me everytime. Midomi.com allows you to sing or hum the song and it will find the song for you. How easy!
- Ever looked at your fridge and wondered what to make with a bunch of different ingredients which you don’t know go together or not? Go onto www.supercook.com and type in all your ingredients. It will tell you what you can make. The easiest way to decide what to eat without having to think about it.
- Are you at the stage in your life where you think tattoos are cool and you really want one? Scared it might not turn out to be the way you want it to be or not look as good? Go onto www.momentaryinc.com. This allows you to turn your tattoo idea into a temporary tattoo so that you can test it out before you get a permanent one.
- If you work on your laptop by putting it on your lap and it starts to overheat, grab an egg carton and keep your laptop on it. This will give you a mini laptop stand and avoid heating up your laptop.
- Do you ever break something and think “now what’s the point of this? I don’t even know how to fix it.” and throw it away? Well, next time this happens, don’t throw it away. Instead, go to www.fixitclub.com and they will help you fix almost anything with step by step instructions.
- Ever had a happy meal in your car but then had nowhere to throw it? So you’d probably keep the trash in your car and wait till you’ve got a bin in sight. Instead of going through all of that, why not get a mini trash can in your car which you can easily empty out everyday? You might be wondering how you can do that. Let me tell you. Get an old cereal container or get yourself a new one and you can easily use that as a bin. How smart is that?
- You want to watch your favourite series or have a movie night and you can’t find your remote. What do you do? Start frantically searching for it, am I right? Save yourself the time and keep your remotes in tact always. How? Get double sided tape and tape the remotes on your table. Just remember to put it back once you’re done and it will always be there.
- It seems the older we get, the more keys we have, your car, house, garage all adding up to a pocket full of them. How do you remember which key is for what? Let me make that easier for you. Get all yours or your moms nail polishes and color the keys in all different colors or color code them if you want. You’ll be surprised how easy that makes it to identify your keys in a glance.
- Do you ever get to a grocery store and realise that you don’t even remember what you need or that you forgot to grab your grocery list before you left?What do you do then? Obviously grab the things that you remember and some other extras but you probably forget what you went for in the first place. So instead of worrying about it or doing some extra shopping, before you leave home, take pictures of your fridge and your pantry. Now you’ll know what you came for.
- Do you ever have to travel and don’t know how and where to put your shoes? If they’re brand new you’ve got no issue but if they’re old and dirty you probably don’t want to put them with your clothes. But then what do you do? I’ll tell you. Put your shoes in a shower cap and then you can pack it with your clothes.
These are hacks that actually work. Why don’t you give these a shot and make your life a little easier!